Sunday, October 30, 2011

Innocence Lost: Florida Lawsuit Alleges DCF Sent Girl To Abusive Setting

Children should know they’re beautiful and loved. They should feel safe, welcome and comfortable surrounded by family and friends.
Yet one girl felt none of these. At 7, she was placed by the Florida Department of Children and Families into an overcrowded foster home, shared a bed with another foster child, and ultimately was sexually molested by the foster parent. She lost more than her innocence. She lost her trust in others and a chance at a normal future.





Now 12, her adoptive mother is trying to help the girl regain her trust – and a normal life. A lawsuit filed against the Florida DCF and YMCA seeks to ensure normalcy for the girl – and future state wards.
Recall DCF
In the St. Petersburg Times story of February 27, 2010, “Lawsuit Alleges DCF and YMCA Sent Girl into Sexually Abusive Situation,” it was reported that the first time the Florida woman took her adoptive daughter to the dentist, an assistant asked if the girl had been sexually assaulted.
“She just asked that because of how she reacted toward him,” the girl’s mother said.
The abuse, which occurred when the girl was 7 years old and in foster care, could have been prevented and should have been recognized sooner, according to a suit filed in Pinellas-Pasco Circuit Court that accuses the Department of Children and Families and the Sarasota YMCA of negligence and oversight failures — allegations that the DCF flatly denies.


Attorney Howard Talenfeld says the girl should have never been in the Oldsmar home of Brian and Antonia Starmer, who are also named in the suit.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:bRaGgndXt3QJ:floridachildadvocate.com/innocence-lost-florida-lawsuit-alleges-dcf-sent-girl-to-abusive-setting+dcf+florida+lawsuit&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

4 comments:

  1. Please contact me at nomorebrokenwings@yahoo.com. I have dirt on DCF dating back to the mid 80's through now including several counties (Lake, Volusia, Orange) and judges dating back to Judge Byrd, Komanski, and several in Lake and Volusia. I also have a child killed in foster care and another child subjected to being strip searched and photgraphed nude. I want a lawyer for myself and my daughter, we want to sue them, and we need to know who will take this case on. It is huge and goes back to 1984.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Family is being stalked by DCF/CPS. We are fighting back, please join us @ pinellasdcflawsuit.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandchildren are in a home they should not be in either. I am well qualified to take my grandchildren and should be able to but they refuse to allow them to leave their foster home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also a grandmother who is trying to have unsupervised visits with my granddaughter. DCF refuses. I am a licensed mental health counselor and there is no reason I cannot see my granddaughter. We need to unite against DCF.

      Delete