Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Family Fights To Get Children Back From DCF

JACKSONVILLE, Fla -- The main purpose of the Department of Children and Families is to protect our children. But a Jacksonville family said DCF is ripping them apart and it has put a damper on their holidays
"There's absolutely no physical harm being done to those boys," said Travis Murray.
The Christmas tree is ready but the house is quiet; void of children. Four days ago DCF removed three children from their home after allegations of physical child abuse. Sarah Crews and her live in boyfriend Travis Murray are raising their three children.


"I'm the one accused of hitting," said Murray. "They arrested me for child abuse, a third degree felony."
Crews and Murray say the child has ADHD and his injuries were caused by another child, not them.
"They get in fights constantly," said Crews. "I have to pull them apart."
DCF spokesperson John Harrell says the agency follows protocol.
"We feel confident regarding our investigation," said Harrell.
Harrell said the child protective team removes a child whenever there is evidence that a child is in danger.
"A judge reviews the decision so it is not just us." said Harrell. "Ultimately custody decisions are made by judges."
Harrell said the family now has to complete a case plan before there is reunification.
"I shouldn't have to disrupt my family," said Crews. "They want her away from me," added Murray.
Murray said he is ready to move out if it means the children can come home. In the meantime, they plan to fight DCF.


"It is not right what DCF is doing," said Crews.
But because of the process their children may not be home for Christmas.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/consumer/on-your-side/2014/12/09/dcf-abuse-family-fighting-children/20158075/

5 comments:

  1. Do Not sign case plan. Do not waive your right to trial. Find an attorney who will defend your rights. Argue for the return of the children immediately and await trial. Do not give in to the state's demands without a court order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 police officers & DCF threatened to break down my door, searched my house and interrogated me. The cops found the 'complaint unfounded', my grandson was being 'well cared for' etc. After they left DCF lied & coerced me to their office then LITERALLY KIDNAPPED my grandson! The following day they committed perjury and assassinated my character. DCF is corrupt! I pray you didn't agree to a case plan! YouTube Senator Nancy Schaefer who confirmed my suspicions that 'money' and 'power' is the evil motivation behind removing children from loving homes! She puts it into clear perspective and there is a conspiracy theory her murder was to prevent her from giving names in high places involved in the corruption!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need to ban together and end these bastards and their corruption.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all need to ban together and end these bastards and their corruption.

    ReplyDelete