Sunday, June 8, 2014

DCF Deserves Some Federal Intervention

DCF deserves some federal intervention
In a recent report on Florida’s Department of Children and Families, the Miami Herald found that DCF had hidden 30 child deaths since last October or November. These deaths, in addition to the 477 already documented in the last few years, warrant national attention.
Regretfully, Florida DCF is into its third secretary in the last three years.
My wife and I spent almost five years in Florida as house parents of two different licensed foster children institutions. It was the spirit of “not in the best interest of the child” by DCF and its subcontractors that drove us away. We were not “team players.”

In the last year, I sent many letters to the Health and Human Services secretary about my Florida child welfare history, but their “protocol” quickly directed me back to Tallahassee. Isn’t it past time for a federal intervention? But, then they can’t get our Veteran’s Administration right.
MIKE SAWYER

1 comment:

  1. I live in FL and I'm sick of the power trip the DCF is on. They occasionally get it right in taking kids that should be taken. It is all the ones that shouldn't be taken that have given them such an ego trip.

    ReplyDelete